Frequently Asked Questions on Physical Education and Sports Participation
Q. Can I send in a parent note to excuse my child from Physical Education? A. A one day pass is accepted from a parent. After that a physician’s note is required.
Q. My child is injured. Who do I notify? A. Please send your child to the Nurse’s Office with documentation from your physician if
they are injured. We will write a PE excuse for the length of time specified on the doctor’s

Q. When I send a note in for my child to be excused from gym can they sit on the bleachers? A. No, there will be a study hall assigned for the dates and gym period that the student has

Q. Where do I get the Sports Physical Form? A. The Sports Physical Form is on the Clearview website under Athletics or the Nurses’
page. There is a Part A and Part B. Both parts must be completed and signed before
submitting them to the Nurses’ Office.

A. Please submit all forms to the High School Nurses’ Office.
Q. How will I know if my child is cleared to participate? A. Log in to Power School and check on the Athletics Icon. If your child has been cleared
to participate you will see the following:

This serves as written notification that your son/daughter can participate in athletics at Clearview Regional High School/Middle school for the current school year pursuant to N.J.A.C. 6A:16-2.2. Please be advised that this clearance reflects the recommendation of the examining physician who completed and signed the Athletic Pre-Participation Examination (parts A and B) submitted to the school on behalf of your son/daughter. Frequently Asked Questions on Medications
Q. Who is permitted to administer medications to students? A. The following individuals are authorized to administer medication to pupils in schools:
School staff holding a current medical or nursing license (e.g., the school physician
or school nurse)
A substitute school nurse employed by the district
The pupil’s parent or guardian
A pupil approved to self-administer per N.J.S.A. 18A:40-12.3
A school staff designated and trained to administer epinephrine using an auto-
injector per N.J.S.A. 18A:40-12.5 and 12.6
Q. Do I need an order for the nurse to administer my child’s medication? A. Yes, all medications require a physician order, parental consent and the medication
provided in its original container.

Blank order forms can be found on the school website under the Nurses’ Drop Down Menu
and click on “Forms”.

Q. I had an order for my child last year, is that order still valid? A. No, orders are only valid for one school year.
Q. Do I need a prescription for over the counter medication? A. Yes, all over the counter medications require physician orders. This includes: Tylenol,
Advil, Midol, Aleve, Imodium, cough medicine, Lactaid… etc. to name a few. The nurse
will not be able to administer unless there is a written order.

Q. Does the label on the prescription bottle serve as an order? A. No, the bottle instruction does not serve as a prescription or order. The order needs to
be written on a school medication form.

A. Yes, all inhalers require an order. There is a special form that needs to be used for
inhalers. It is called an Asthma Action Plan and provides instruction for administration of
the rescue medication as well as the maintenance medication. The Asthma Action Plan was
developed by the Pediatric Asthma Coalition of NJ and is the only way asthma or inhaler
medication can be prescribed.

Q. Where do I get the Asthma Action Plan? A. The Asthma Action Plan can be obtained from the nurse or can be downloaded from
the following website
or Clearview’s website under the Nurses’ Drop
Down Menu and click on “Forms”.

Q. Can my child self-administer the inhaler? A. The Physician or health care provider needs to state on the order that the student has
been trained in the use of the inhaler and is able to self-administer. The only students that
can carry their inhaler are the students that have been cleared by the physician or health
care provider for self-administration. The Asthma Action Plan has a check off for the
physician or health care provider that allows the student to carry their inhaler and self-

Q. Can my son or daughter self-administer his or her medication if my doctor writes it on the order? A. The only medications that can be self-administered are inhaler medications and
epinephrine or epi-pens. The Doctor or health care provider must identify on the order
that they can self-administer. For the Asthma Action Plan this can be checked off on the
bottom of the form.

A. The medication needs to be provided in its original container. They cannot be poured
into a ziplock bag and sent in to the nurse. Pills poured into a ziplock bag will be returned
and only medications in their original container will be accepted. Please bring any
prescription medications in to school. Only medications in a sealed container can be sent in
with students


The health and safety of all the children is our primary goal. Please feel free to contact the
school nurse with any questions or concerns. The nurse can be reached at: (856) 223-2719
or via email at:


Smoking and infertility: a committee opinion

Smoking and infertility:a committee opinionThe Practice Committee of the American Society for Reproductive MedicineAmerican Society for Reproductive Medicine, Birmingham, AlabamaApproximately 30% of women of reproductive age and 35% of men of reproductive age in theUnited States smoke cigarettes. Substantial harmful effects of cigarette smoke on fecundity andreproduction have become apparent

Microsoft word - mexiletina_moduli + aggiornata _01-1-2014.doc

STABILIMENTO CHIMICO FARMACEUTICO MILITARE Informazioni per l’acquisto di Mexiletina Cloridrato 200 mg capsule rigide La fornitura del farmaco è subordinata all’invio contemporaneo al seguente indirizzo e-mail: pr o d uz io ne . or al i@ f a r m ac eu tic om il it ar e .it , o pp u r e , in al ter na tiva , a l n . FA X 055 451866, dei 1) Richiesta del medico ai sensi de

Copyright © 2010-2014 Online pdf catalog