References - August
Tomato and Garlic
1. Tomato and garlic by gavage modulate 7,12-dimethylbenz[a]anthracene-induced genotoxicity
and oxidative stress in mice. BHUVANESWARI, V.; VELMURUGAN, B.; ABRAHAM, S.K. and NAGINI, S., Braz J Med Biol Res [online]. 2004, vol.37, n.7, pp. 1029-1034. ISSN 1414-431X.
2. EFFECTS OF TOMATO AND GARLIC EXTRACTS ON OXIDATIVE STABILITY IN MARINATED
ANCHOVY, NALAN GOKOGLU1,*, PINAR YERLIKAYA1, OSMAN KADIR TOPUZ2Article first published online: 21 SEP 2011DOI: 10.1111/j.1745-4549.2011.00576.x 2011 Wiley Periodicals, Inc. Issue Journal of Food Processing and Preservation, Volume 36, Issue 3, pages 191–197, June 2012
1. Oxidative stability and microbial growth of turkey breast fillets during refrigerated storage as
influenced by feed supplementation with olive leaves, oregano and/or α -tocopheryl acetate DOI:10.1080/00071668.2010.532771E. Botsogloua, A. Govarisb, A. Moulasb & Dr N. Botsoglouc*British Poultry Science. Volume 51, Issue 6, 2010
2. Oregano Herb Versus Oregano Essential Oil as Feed Supplements to Increase the Oxidative
Stability of Turkey Meat Author: P. Florou-Paneri ; G. Palatos ; A. Govaris ; D. Botsoglou ; I. Giannenas ; I. Ambrosiadis
1. Shanafelt TD, Barton DL, Adjel AA, Loprinzi CL. Pathophysiology and treatment of hot flashes.
2. Cheng G, Wilczek B, Warner M, Gustafsson JA, Landgren BM. Isoflavone treatment for acute
menopausal symptoms. Menopause. 2007;14(3):1-6.
3. Nelson HD. Menopause. Lancet. 2008;371:760-770. 4. Heger M, Ventskovskiy BM, Borzenko I, Kneis KC, Rettenberger R, Kaskzkin-Bettag M, Heger PW.
Efficacy and safety of a special extract of Rheum rhaponticum (ERr 731) in perimenopausal women with climacteric complaints: a 12-week randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled trial. Menopause. 2006;13(5):744-759.
5. Umland EM. Treatment strategies for reducing the burden of menopause-associated vasomotor
symptoms. J Manag Care Pharm. 2008;14(3):S14-S19.
6. National Library of Medicine. AHRQ Evidence Reports: Management of Menopausal Symptoms.
Available at: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/bookshelf/br.fcgi?book=hserta&part=A191173#A Accessed November 10, 2009.
7. North American Menopause Society. Overview of menopause and aging.
http://www.menopause.org/Portals/0/Content/PDF/A.pdf Accessed November 5, 2009.
8. Hickey M, Saunders C, Partridge A, Santoro N, Joffe H, Stearns V. Practical clinical guidelines for
assessing and managing menopausal symptoms after breast cancer. Ann Oncol. 2008;19(10):1669-1680.
9. Boekhout AH, Beihnen JH, Schellens JHM. Symptoms and treatment in cancer therapy-induced
early menopause. Oncologist. 2006;11:641-654.
10. Maki PM, Drogos LL, Rubin LH, Banuvar MH, Shulman LP, Geller SE. Objective hot flashes are
negatively related to verbal memory performance in midlife women. Menopause. 2008;15(5):848-856.
11. Lethaby AE, Brown J, Marjoribanks J, Kronenberg F, Roberts H, Eden J. Phytoestrogens for
vasomotor menopausal symptoms. Cochrane Database Syst Rev. 2007;(4):CD001395.
12. Albertazzi P. Menopause: alternatives to estrogen to manage hot flushes. Gynecol Endocrinol.
13. Nelson HD, Vesco KK, Haney E, et al. Nonhormonal therapies for menopausal hot flashes:
systematic review and meta-analysis. JAMA. 2006;295(17):2057-2071.
14. Hasper I, Ventskovskiy BM, Rettenberger R, et al. Long-term efficacy and safety of the special
extract ERr 731 of Rheum rhaponticum in perimenopausal women with menopausal symptoms. Menopause. 2009;16(1):117-131.
15. Sherwin BB. Progestogens used in menopause: side effects, mood and quality of life. J Reprod
16. Geller SE, Studee L. Botanical and dietary supplements for menopausal symptoms: what works,
what doesn’t. J Womens Health (Larchmnt). 2005;14(7):634-649.
17. Geller SE, Studee L. Contemporary alternatives to plant estrogens for menopause 18. Geller SE, Shulman LP, van Breeman RB, et al. Safety and efficacy of black cohosh and red clover
for the management of vasomotor symptoms: a randomized controlled trial. Menopause. 2009;16(6):1156-1166.
19. Maclennan AH, Broadbent JL, Lester S, Moore V. Oral oestrogen and combined
oestrogen/progestogen therapy versus placebo for hot flushes. Cochrane Database Syst Rev. 2004;(4):CD002978.
20. Pandya KJ, Morrow GR, Roscoe JA, Hickok JT. Gabapentin for hot flashes in 420 women with
breast cancer: a randomized double-blind placebo-controlled trial. Lancet. 2005;366(9488):818-824
GP4G STIMULATES HUMAN HAIR FOLLICLE CELLS METABOLISM AND GROWTH IN ORGAN CULTURE S. Lachgar, L. Fort-Lacoste, V. Ermosilla, M.Charvéron European Research Center on skin, IRPF, Hôtel-dieu Saint Jacques Hospital, Toulouse, France Introduction It is well known that metabolic processes are involved in embryonic development, in genome activation and contribute to large increase of prote
Features MAY 2007 EDITION FIN 48 Revisited: Fog Clearing on Controversial Tax Disclosures View article examples as Redline | Comparison | Collapsed For months, issuers have stalled on the application of the Financial Accounting Services Board's Financial Interpretation Number 48 (FIN 48). Confounded by the complexity of FIN 48's evaluations, these issuers have sought reprie