Enfin disponible en France, grâce à une étonnante formule Europe, 100% naturelle, vous pouvez maintenant dire stop à vos problèmes d’impuissance et à vos troubles de la virilité. Cette formule révolutionnaire agit comme un véritable achat viagra
naturel. Ses résultats sont immédiats, sans aucun effet secondaire et vos érections sont durables, quelque soit votre âge. Même si vous avez plus de 60 ans !
Microsoft word - medicine track final mbbs mcqs _11 march 2004_ draft 2.doc
1. Which of the following about severe mitral regurgitation is TRUE?
As far as possible, mitral valve repair is preferred over replacement
2. In which of the following is endocarditis prophylaxis NOT indicated?
Mitral valve prolapse with regurgitation
3. Which drug is NOT the standardized for use in IHD?
4. The physiological mechanism for essential hypertension is an increase in
5. Which is the most suitable anti~hypertensive to use in the elderly?
6. Which is true about atrial fibrillation?
Can cause cardiomyopathy if tachycardia is left untreated for a long period
Is not associated with an increased risk of embolisation
Rate during exercise is better controlled with digoxin than with β~blockers
7. 40 year old obese lady with chest pain for past 3 days, associated with non~productive
cough, now presents with respiratory distress? Which investigation would you NOT do?
More sensitive than creatinine kinase in detecting AMI
Cleared from the circulation within 72 hours
Confers the same risk benefits for MI as for stroke
10. Lipid panel : TG 2.5, TC 5.2, HDL 0.7, LDL 2.8?? Most appropriate therapy?
Fast CT is the diagnostic investigation of choice
Usually shows a wedge shaped lesion on CXR
12. Causes of pulmonary fibrosis include the following EXCEPT
13. Woman develops left sided pleural effusion. Which is FALSE?
Negative microscopy of malignant cells excludes lung cancer
14. 56 year old man presents with fever, tachycardia, & respiratory distress within 48 hours
of an abdominal operation. What is the most likely aetiology?
15. The following are causes of decreased lung diffusion capacity of carbon monoxide
16. The following are true of Cheyne-Stokes breathing EXCEPT
17. A 25 year old man complains of fever, chills & rigours & right sided chest pain.
Examination revealed classic features of consolidation on the right. Which is FALSE?
is the most likely aetiological agent
Antibiotics should be instituted before results of culture
May be associated with blood stained sputum
Erythromycin is better than Benzyl Penicillin in treatment
16. A middle-aged lady presents with left sided pleural effusion. Which is TRUE?
She will need a pleural tap & biopsy
Absence of malignant cells excludes a cancer
17. 65 year old smoker with chronic bronchitis suddenly develops a fever, cough & SOB.
18. 19 year~old with acute respiratory distress, is diagnosed to have a right pneumothorax.
What would be your findings on examination?
Decreased resonance to percussion on right
19. What is true for patient with small spontaneous pneumothorax for the first time
Admit for the night to watch for complications
Aspirate with fine needle & send home
20. In an asthmatic well~controlled on oral theophylline, what could trigger off an attack?
Usually does not require mechanical ventilation
23. Causes of acute renal failure include the following EXCEPT :
24. Diagnosis if the urine cannot be acidified below a pH of 5.2
25. The following are complications of NSAIDS EXCEPT
26. Which of the following causes of acute renal failure carries the best prognosis?
Rapidly progressive glomerulonephritis (RPGN)
27. Which condition is least likely to predispose to UTIs?
28. Drug of choice for status epilepticus is
29. 1st line drug in status epilepticus is
30. The following are true about CNS infections EXCEPT
Empirical therapy should be started before CSF results are obtained
31. Normal pressure hydrocephalus presents with the triad of ataxia, dementia &
32. What is NOT seen in complete third nerve palsy?
33. Common peroneal nerve palsy, UNTRUE
Absence of sensation over the lateral calf
34. If the jaw jerk is hyperreflexic, where is the lesion likely to be?
35. Which finding effectively rules out a lesion of the corticospinal tract in the brain?
36. 56 year old otherwise healthy Indian presents with 3 days of vomiting following his
usual heavy alcoholic binge. His vomitus is found to contain blood. What is the most
37. Which is the first / earliest sign of circulatory hypovolaemia in someone with an acute
Postural drop in systolic BP by > 20 mmHg
38. Obese man who complains of heartburn after meals, especially chocolates & coffee, &
whose OGD shows erosions of the lower oesophagus is likely to have
Inappropriate relaxation of the lower oesophageal sphincter
39. Which is true about ulcerative colitis?
40. 37 year old man with hepatitis has the following results :
Chronic hepatitis B infection with superimposed Hepatitis A
Chronic hepatitis B with probable “seroconversion”
Hepatitis B carrier with Hepatitis D superinfection
26. What is true about patient presenting with RHC pain & jaundice?
Absence of RHC mass excludes pancreatic tumour
Investigation of choice would be abdominal ultrasound
27. Young woman with history of jaundice now has …. 2cm liver & 4 cm spleen?
28. Stool culture of patient with diarrhoea showed leukocytes mixed with mucus. What is
29. Which of the following is true for a 50 year old lady presenting with cholestatic
If there is no abdominal pain, gallstones are unlikely
If the gallbladder is impalpable, carcinoma of the pancreas is unlikely
The next investigation of choice would be an oral cholecystogram
The next investigation of choice would be an ultrasound of the hepatobiliary
If the jaundice resolves spontaneously, acute hepatitis is unlikely
Loss of libido of amenorrhoea, or both are often early features
Aldosterone will be low, predisposing to postural hypotension
Hyponatraemia is likely to occur in times of stress
Once glucocorticoid levels are adequately replaced, further adjustments of dose are
In males, potency is rarely achieved even with adequate replacement
31. In autoimmune hypoaldosteronism, what will manifest
32. Diabetes Mellitus can occur with the following EXCEPT
33. Which of the following causes microangiopathic haemolysis?
35. An elderly woman with multiple myeloma presents in a stuporous state. Which is the
most important immediate investigation to perform?
36. Which cancer has been proven to have the greatest decrease in mortality following
37. Immediate treatment for spinal cord compression from metastatic tumour would be
Watch & wait for spontaneous remission
38. Which is FALSE about the chemotherapeutic agent & its adverse effect?
Cyclophosphamide – haemorrhagic cystitis
39. Which is NOT found in tumour lysis syndrome?
40. An anterior mediastinal mass in a 55 year old man cannot be
42. Old lady with bone pain & anaemia presents with seizures altered mental status for the
43. The following are used in the treatment of rheumatoid arthritis EXCEPT
44. In a young lady with facial rash & promixal muscle weakness, the most likely
45. Rheumatoid Arthritis can cause the following lung lesions EXCEPT
Allopurinol is used in the acute treatment
47. What is true about Polyarthritis nodosa?
49. American College of Rheumatologists’ diagnositic criteria for SLE does NOT include
50. Which is not usually harboured in healthy adults?
Antivirals are effective in its treatment
52. In an asymptomatic patient, normal physical examination findings with a VDRL titre of
1:8 & reactive / positive TPHA, what is the most likely diagnosis?
53. The following predispose to candidal vaginitis EXCEPT
Use of topical broad-spectrum antibiotics
Diagnosed by antigen detection in nasopharyngeal aspirates
55. Mycoplasma pneumoniae
can cause the following
56. 1st line treatment for community~acquired pneumonia includes the following EXCEPT
!57. Patients with atopic eczema are prone to viral infections because of
58. Skin manifestations of malignancy include :
Typically affects the fingers, hands, forearms, face & neck
Is excluded in someone working at the same job for the past 10 years
"60. An elderly patient with K+ of 2.5 mmol could be due to
62. Symptoms of hypercalcaemia include :
63. 52 year old lady presented with oliguria. Laboratory investigations revealed the
following : K 6.8 mmol/L, Na 136 mmol/L, Urea 2.5 mmol/L, Creatinine 510 mmol / L.
65. Which is NOT a cause of faecal incontinence in the elderly?
66. Causes for falls in the elderly include the following EXCEPT
67. Which is true about palliative care?
Parenteral morphine preferred for its greater efficacy
Should be cautious about prescribing opioids in such elderly patients
!68. Patients taking monoamine oxidase inhibitors should not be on
69. Which drug can be prescribed at the usual dose in renal impairment?
71. Which is NOT a contraindication for beta blockers?
Left ventricular systolic failure / dysfunction
72. Which is an early sign of salicylate poisoning?
74. Which anti-diabetic drug has the longest duration of action & is thence most likely to
75. The following are features of hypoperfusion EXCEPT
77. Causes of generalised pruritis without any skin lesions is most likely to be due to
Recovery phase of acute tubular necrosis
79. Causes of painful ulcers in the mouth & genital area include :
81. Kid who pulls to stand, has a well~developed pincer grip & waves bye-bye & has a
83. Boy with acute scrotal pain after playing develops fever. What is the immediate
84. Patients with Marfan Syndrome are predisposed to
85. In a 2 year old kid with acute onset of stridor without preceding history, what is most
86. Child asthmatic suddenly develops SOB & found to be tachycardic with bilateral
widespread rhonchi. What is the immediate management?
90. 1 year old boy with UTI . What is true?
Diagnosis of UTI confirmed by bag urine culture of >105 single colony organisms
91. Teen with recurrent UTIs & nocturnal enuresis till age 6 has urea of 50 & creatinine
of 200 & small scarred kidney on DMSA. What is the most likely cause?
92. Kid with vomiting, truncal ataxia & other signs of raised ICP. Most likely diagnosis is
93. Which is true about infantile spasms?
Good prognosis with no learning impairment
94. Most common type of cerebral palsy is
95. 2 year old boy who has never learnt to sit has wasting below the knees & areflexia.
96. Girl with unilateral headaches occurring once a month lasting several hours at a time
but still able to carry out normal activities. What is your management?
Ergot with onset of subsequent headaches
98. 3 year old with painless rectal bleeding 1-2 times a week for the past 7 weeks, whose
blood is fresh & amounting to 100 ml each time is likely to have
99. Parents complain that their 4 month old kid passes 8-10 stools per day, which are soft
& yellow. Kid is fed purely breast milk. Birth weight was 3.5 kg & weighed ?? at 21
100. Parents complain that their 4 week old child is still jaundiced. What would be the most
Did the kid receive phototherapy at birth?
101. 2 month old kid presents with bilious vomiting. What is the investigation of choice?
102. What is true about management of diabetic ketoacidosis?
Rehydration solution of choice is normal saline
NaHCO3 should be given routinely if pH is 7.2
K+ replacement is not needed if K+ is normal
Rehydration should be done over 24 hours if Na+ is 147 mmol / L
103. Infant born 2 hours ago noted to have blood sugar of 1.5 mmol / L? Cause?
104. 2 year old girl with presents with bilateral breast buds. What is the most important
105. 3 year old with 4 weeks history of jaundice & pallor is likely to have
106. Hand Foot & Mouth Disease patient can return to school within
Developed encephalopathy previously to DPT
Developed high fever of > 40°C previously to DPT
108. Standard therapy for Kawasaki Disease
109. 3 year old girl with fever & purpuric rash on the extensor surfaces of LL? What
110. 3 year old kid with eczema over develops diarrhoea after consuming eggs for the first
Avoid immunizations containing egg white
Allergy to egg white can be diagnosed by measuring IgE levels to egg white
111. Management of 3 year old with eczema over flexure, ears & face?
Sedating antihistamines at night to relieve pruritis
112. Man claims to have a long history of some rare disease dating back to 1803. He
claims only the men are affected but they never pass the disease to their sons. What
113. 35 weeks pregnant mother finds that her foetus has spina bifida & some malformation
at the head. She is reluctant to terminate the pregnancy & her husband says that he
will abide by her decision. What would you do?
Refer them to the Spina Bifida support group
114. Child born with swollen LL. Pulses difficult to palpate while UL pulses full. Diagnosis?
115. Common treatments for bipolar disorder include all except
116. Which has the lowest suicide risk?
117. Which is NOT a feature of depression?
121. Which is unsuitable for behavioural therapy?
Poor prognostic factors are avolition & asociality
124. What is NOT true about hypochondriacal disorder?
125. The appropriate treatment of recurrent mania would be
126. The following are true about ADHD except
Short attention span hinders academic performance
128. In which situation is Behavioural therapy not advised?
Common goals between therapist & patient
129. The following theories have been used to explain schizophrenia
130. Drug of choice in acutely violent patient is
Takeda leads the way on skills Founded in 1781 and headquartered in Osaka, Japan, Takeda Cambridge showed an early interest in working Takeda is a research-based global pharmaceutical with Cogent to develop a training framework for SMEs company. Worldwide, Takeda markets a number of and in the new Higher Apprenticeship in Life Sciences blockbuster drugs discovered through its internal
American Geriatrics Society Updated Beers Criteria forPotentially Inappropriate Medication Use in Older AdultsThe American Geriatrics Society 2012 Beers Criteria Update Expert PanelPotentially inappropriate medications (PIMs) continue tocomes. Estimates from past studies in ambulatory and long-be prescribed and used as first-line treatment for the mostterm care settings found that 27% of adve