2007 Award Nomination for: General Contractor of the Year
Developer / Broker Information Turner Special Projects Division
Property Information 250 South Wacker 250 South Wacker Renovations was comprised of complete exterior,Renovation interior MEP and base building renovations to the 280,000 s.f., 16-storybuilding. Exterior renovations involved extensive restoration and recladdingof the entire building providing a new façade featuring a contemporarytranslucent metal-panel system. Interior renovations involved all new MEPsystems throughout the building. Building renovations included therenovation of a basement level from storage space to a parking level. Client:D2 Realty; Architect: Bauhs Dring Seglin MainTotal Cost: $19.5 million Square Footage: exterior renovation of 280,000 s.f. bldg s.f.
- Exelon Corporate The Exelon Corporate Headquarters is a new 250,000 r.s.f., 10-floor projectHeadquarters including executive offices, workstations, conference rooms, fitness center,general open office space and IT infrastructure including a 2,000 s.f. datacenter. The Exelon Corporate Headquarters project achieved certificationunder the U.S. Green Building Council's Leadership in Energy andEnvironmental Design (LEED) Commercial Interiors (CI) program and iscurrently the world's largest LEED-CI Platinum project. Client: ExelonCorporation; Architect: Interior Space International (ISI)/An A. EpsteinCompanyTotal Cost: $undisclosed Square Footage: 250,000 s.f.
- Garmin Flagship Store The Garmin Flagship Store is a new 5,000 s.f., two-story retail shopfeaturing very high-end finishes and custom features throughout the storeincluding a digitally engineered sleek looking sculptural wood wall, metalceiling, frameless glass window, floating aluminum staircase, displayfixtures, terrazzo flooring and a state-of-the-art movie/presentation theatre. Exterior features include illuminated light boxes that glow in the signatureshade of Garmin blue from the store's upper level outside. Client: Garmin;Architect: Valerio Dewalt Train AssociatesTotal Cost: $7 million Square Footage: 5,000 s.f. 2007 Award Nomination for: General Contractor of the Year
Developer / Broker Information Clayco
Property Information 3M Distribution Center Total Cost: $15 million Square Footage: 410,000 s.f.
- Health Care Service Total Cost: $16 million Corporation Square Footage: 138,000 s.f.
- Mission Critical Data Total Cost: $30 million Square Footage: 240,000 s.f. 2007 Award Nomination for: General Contractor of the Year
Developer / Broker Information McShane Construction Corporation
Property Information Aloft Hotel The new six-story, 251-room Aloft Hotel property is located at the RosemontWalk in Rosemont, IL. McShane Construction was selected by ContinentalProperties Company, Inc. to provide the construction for the Aloft propertythat represents the first Aloft Hotel to be constructed in the Midwest. Aloft isa property of the W Hotel chain that is owned by Starwood Hotels & ResortsWorldwide, Inc. Merriman Associates/Architects is providing thearchitectural services for this project.Total Cost: $22 million Square Footage: 129,250 s.f.
- Lakeshore Medical The Lakeshore Medical Center is a new five-story, 172,000 s.f. medicaloffice building located at 4700 North Marine Drive in Chicago. The medicaloffice facility is directly connected to Weiss Memorial Hospital via anenclosed, above ground pedestrian walkway. McShane Construction alsocompleted an additional sixth floor level to the existing structured parkingdeck to accommodate the parking requirements of the new medical officebuilding. Gelick Associates provided architectural services for the project. Wellness Associates, LLC, in association with Weiss Memorial Hospital, isthe owner of the project. Howard Koop, principal with Chicago-based KoopManagement, Inc., is providing development services for the owner of theproject.Total Cost: $23 million Square Footage: 172,000 s.f.
- Liberty Point Corporate The Liberty Point Corporate Center is a 63-acre business park that is Center comprised of three industrial facilities totaling over 950,000 s.f. situated atthe corner of Midlothian and Peterson in Libertyville, IL. Medline Industries,Inc. occupies a 596,000 s.f. build-to-suit in the park while theMcShane/MetLife industrial development alliance added two speculativefacilities totaling 359,000 s.f. to the development. Design/Builder: McShaneConstruction Corporation; Architect: Heitman Architects, Inc.; Brokers forMedline Industries, Inc.: David Kahnweiler and Steven Disse, Colliers,Bennett & Kahnweiler; Brokers for McShane Corporation: Stephen Trapp,John Hauser and Charles Des Rosiers, Cushman & Wakefield.Total Cost: $60 million Square Footage: 950,000 s.f. 2007 Award Nomination for: General Contractor of the Year
Developer / Broker Information Ryan Companies US, Inc.
Property Information Randall Crossing I & II Total Cost: $25 million Square Footage: 418,740 s.f.
- Sears Centre Total Cost: $65 million Square Footage: 250,000 s.f.
- Thomas Place Total Cost: $22 million Square Footage: 144 units s.f.
Schweinezucht in Dornstedt bei Halle (Saale) Die Gemeinde Dornstedt liegt etwa 20 km Luftlinie südwestlich von Halle an der Saale nochhinter Teutschenthal. Das Gebiet gehörte zum Saalkreis und seit 2007 zum inzwischen nochgrößeren Saalekreis. In der Nähe von Dornstedt befand sich die bedeutende Landschweinzucht des Universitäts-gutes Etzdorf. Sie wurde in einem eigenen Beitrag bereits be
Working Paper Research Unit Middle East and Africa Stiftung Wissenschaft und Politik German Institute for International and Security Affairs Yasmin Ghrawi / Peter Sass The Political Reform Debate in the Middle East and North Africa Arabic Newspapers and Journals June 2004 – February 2005 Working Paper FG 6, 2005/01 Working papers are papers in the subject area of a